Interested in volunteering for Meals on Wheels People with your school or work group? We can provide customized volunteer experiences throughout the Portland-Vancouver metro area for groups of up to 10 adults or larger school groups, depending on the experience. Volunteer events are typically scheduled Monday through Thursday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Background checks are required for some group experiences, including meal delivery and Friendly Chats.
To schedule a group volunteer experience at MOWP, please complete an interest form at the below link. Our volunteer coordinator will follow up with you within a week.
Background Check Required
- Adopt-a-Route: Choose one day to send several teams out to deliver meals to homebound seniors OR choose a recurring day of the month for your team to rotate coverage of an assigned route so everyone can get to know the clients on your route. To view a map of our meal delivery locations, click here.
- Phone Bank for Friendly Chats (remote opportunity with no group limit): Stay in the comfort of your office and bring your team together to make friendly phone calls to homebound seniors.
No Background Checks Required
- Central Kitchen (up to 4 people): Volunteer in our Central Kitchen where we produce more than 5,000 meals daily! This opportunity does include coming into contact with raw and cooked meats, grains and other food products.
- Meals 4 Kids (up to 6 people): Volunteer in our Central Kitchen to help the M4K team portion bulk food items, pack meals and clean bags.
- Placemats and Cards (remote opportunity with no group limit): Decorate placemats and cards in seasonal and holiday themes for use in our dining centers and delivery to homebound seniors.
- Event Volunteering (no group limit): Help us at our annual fundraiser Stride for Seniors with setup, tear down, and event volunteering. Adopt a store for Donate Dinner. Table at outreach events like Pride, farmers markets, and volunteer fairs.
INTERESTED IN DONATING TO MEALS ON WHEELS PEOPLE?
If your organization or business is interested in becoming an event sponsor or making a financial or in-kind donation, please contact Development Director Zakiya Jackson at [email protected].