Meals 4 Kids
The Meals 4 Kids program serves qualified children and families within the City of Portland experiencing food insecurity who are also experiencing any of the following:
- Chronic condition or illness of caregiver or child
- Lack of facility to prepare meals
- Lack of ability and/or transportation to access food resources such as food pantries
- Other barriers impacting access to food resources and/or the ability to prepare meals
The Meals 4 Kids home delivery program delivers nutritious meals, milk, bread, and fresh fruit directly to the homes of families in need each week on weekdays between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- We serve families who live within the City of Portland whose income level is 185% or lower of the federal poverty level.
- The cost of each meal is funded by the Portland Children’s Levy.
- Participants must be at home to receive meals.
- Meals on Wheels Kids volunteers have received background checks and training prior to delivery.
To request service, complete the form below. Meals on Wheels People staff will call you to review your eligibility in the program. If you have additional questions, please call 503.953.8115 or email [email protected]
Please note: Meals 4 Kids only serves the City of Portland and the City of Gresham. If you are inquiring about home-delivery service and reside within the City of Portland or the City of Gresham, please fill out the form below and a Meals 4 Kids staff member will be in touch within two business days.
Additional resources available:
– Call 211 or go to https://oregonhunger.org/Covid-19 for help finding food resources within Oregon.
– For help finding food resources outside of Oregon go to: https://www.feedingamerica.org/need-help-find-food
We are currently recruiting for Volunteer Delivery Drivers and Kitchen Assistants! Learn More
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Meals 4 Kids REquest Form
Please note: Meals 4 Kids only serves the City of Portland and the City of Gresham.