The Meals 4 Kids program serves qualified children and families within the City of Portland experiencing food insecurity who are also experiencing any of the following:
- Chronic condition or illness of caregiver or child
- Lack of facility to prepare meals
- Lack of ability and/or transportation to access food resources such as food pantries
- Other barriers impacting access to food resources and/or ability to prepare meals
The Meals 4 Kids home delivery program delivers nutritious meals, milk, bread and fresh fruit directly to the homes of families in need each week on weekdays between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- We serve families who live within the City of Portland whose income level is 185% or lower of the federal poverty level.
- The cost of each meal is funded by the Portland Children’s Levy.
- Participants must be at home to receive meals.
- Meals on Wheels volunteers have received background checks and training prior to delivery.
To request service, complete the form below. Meals on Wheels People staff will call you to review your eligibility in the program. If you have additional questions, please call 503.953.8115 or email [email protected]
Please note: Meals 4 Kids only serves the City of Portland, OR. Due to an increase in inquiries, Meals 4 Kids staff is not be able to respond to inquiries from non-Portland residents. If you are inquiring about home-delivery service and reside within the City of Portland, please fill out the form below and a Meals 4 Kids staff member will be in touch within 2 business days.
Additional resources available:
– Call 211 or go to https://oregonhunger.org/Covid-19 for help finding food resources within Oregon.
– For help finding food resources outside of Oregon go to: https://www.feedingamerica.org/need-help-find-food
We are currently recruiting for Volunteer Delivery Drivers and Kitchen Assistants! learn more
Meals 4 Kids REquest Form
Please note: Meals 4 Kids only serves the City of Portland, OR.